Zadar walking tour and Virtual Reality experience is a walking tour through Zadar’s old town in which you will discover how 8 “must see” locations looked in different time periods. An assistant leads you from one point to another and with the VR glasses you relive various historical episodes. Audio guide in 7 languages provides the most significant information about Zadar and its past. Join this time travel and travel through 2000 years of Zadar’s history.
AVAILABILITY: from Monday until Sunday starting at 10:00 and 17:00
If you do not want to go to city walk, you can watch the entire content of VR glasses in Magic Croatia Travel Agency office every day during working hours.
- Discover how Zadar looked during different historical periods and relive past in a fun and interesting way to get insight into the crucial moments of Zadar’s history
- See 3D models of recreated historical buildings, 360° visuals with high-resolution animations and realistic sound effects
- Taste Maraschino liquor, local specialty with long tradition made by secret recipe
Zadar walking tour and Virtual Reality experience is unique way to discover Zadar through Virtual Reality glasses!
You will see:
- Roman Forum built 2.000 years ago
- Zadar in 1202 and IVth Crusade attacking the city
- Green Market and how Zadar looked before World War II
- Aerial bombing of the city during World War II
- Cathedral of St Anastasia and places that are usually closed for public
- St. Chrysogono and its former cloister
- St. Simeon’s Church and its silver pleated chest
- Main entrance gates into the city during Roman period and Middle ages, and learn more about defense city walls system built by Venetians under UNESCO protection
Duration: 2:00 hours
Zadar walking tour and virtual reality experience starts in Magic Croatia agency office where an assistant/guide will introduce you to VR (Virtual Reality) glasses and you will learn how to use them. Adjusted design of a simple user interface allows you to choose when to see the next point. You do not need advanced technological knowledge to use the VR glasses and anybody older than 6 can join the tour. In any case, our friendly assistant will be at your disposal throughout the tour.
After a short briefing, you will go for a city walk and follow your guide to 8 most attractive locations within old town where you will stop to take a look through VR glasses. You will enjoy seeing different historical episodes after which you will be able to compare how each location looks nowadays.
You will stop at the Roman Forum, the biggest forum built in Croatia, now only visible as ruins. It will come alive thanks to virtual reality technology.
Next is the Greeting to the Sun and Sea organ installation where you will listen unique melody played by waves and at the same time, with VR glasses you will be able to see how that part of the city looked in 13th century.
You will walk along beautiful sea promenade and visit the location of a former Green Market. You will stop there and put on VR glasses to discover how Zadar looked before being heavily bombed in World War II where once was city’s post office and city market. Airplanes will fly above you, dropping bombs on the city and you will watch nearby buildings bursting into flames.
You will enter St. Anastasia’s cathedral, the largest church in all of Dalmatia (Croatia’s coastal region). You will enter the church of St. Chrysogono, otherwise closed for public and in St. Simeon’s church you will stand at the altar in front of saint’s chest made of 250 kg filigree silver.
You will discover where were main entrance gates during Roman period and Middle ages and at the same time, you will learn more about defense city walls protected by UNESCO.
Tasting includes plum brandy and Maraschino liquor, made from special kind of cherries that grow wild in this area. Many historical figures like Viktorija, Ernest Hemingway, Alfred Hitchcock and Charlie Chaplin, enjoyed its unique aroma.
This tour ends with a return to Magic Croatia agency office.
PRICE: 185,00 HRK or 25,00 EUR per person*
*Price for children up to 18 years is 100,00 HRK. Price for students and people older than 65 years is 130,00 HRK.
For groups more than 5 people 20% discount.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- VR glasses and controller
- Audio guide in 7 languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Croatian and Esperanto
- Visit to the locations in the old town
- Maraschino liquor and plum brandy tastings
VR headset: Oculus All-in-One VR glasses, high-resolution display, controller and built-in immersive Audio
DIFFICULTY: easy walking tour through old town
RECOMMENDED AGE: suitable for everyone older than 6
WHAT TO BRING: comfortable shoes, bottle of water, your ID
NOTICE: Maraschino liqueur and plum brandy will only be served to the participants who are allowed by law to consume alcohol