Half-day tour that starts from Zadar. You will visit town of Nin, once the seat of the Croatian kings. Its charming old town is situated on a tiny islet, connected by bridges to the mainland. In this tour you will find out more about Nin’s white gold, 1.500 old salt fields and you will taste superb award-winning wines in a vineyard situated at the hill overlooking the sea.
AVAILABILITY: available every day throughout entire year
- visit the church of St. Nicolas, situated on a picturesque hill, once the place where Croatian kings were crowned and hear interesting story about symbolic rituals during crowning
- walk down the old town of Nin situated on the tiny island and discover Roman temple, antique vila, medieval church that serves as a sundial, beautiful sandy lagoon, Nin salt fields and House of Salt
- Taste premium wines at the Royal vineyards, one of the largest vineyards in Dalmatia and enjoy the original Dalmatian-Mediterranean food
Start of the tour: 8:00
End of the tour: 12:30
Duration: 4,5 hour
The tour starts from Zadar old town, where the guide will welcome you. You will drive towards the first stop, the church of St. Nicholas situated on a picturesque hill. This uniquely shaped church served as place where several Croatian kings were crowned. You will hear intriguing story about Croatian kings and the way they ruled in this area.
After that you will continue driving towards old town of Nin situated on an island. There you will take a guided sightseeing to experience interesting 3.000 years long history. You will find out about skilled seafarers that inhabited this area and special kind of the boat that Croats used in 12th century. You will discover remains of the biggest roman temple built in Croatia, roman villa, church of the Holly Cross that serves as a sundial, Medieval buildings and don’t forget to rub finger of a bronze statue of the bishop named Gregory of Nin, for good luck.
After sightseeing the old town you will visit nearby salt fields that are actually a museum 1.500 years old. During this time many things have changed, but one thing remained unchanged, the salt is just as before, gathered with manually. The guide will introduce you to the interesting story about Nin’s flower of salt and you will visit House of salt to discover old tools, wagons used for transportation and photos from the past.
Later you will visit Royal vineyards where you will taste three original Croatian grapevine varieties and delicious dalmatian cuisine finger food.
At the end of the tour you will return to Zadar.
PRICE: 700,00 HRK or 95,00 EUR per person
MIN. NUMBER OF PEOPLE: 4
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- licensed guide (English, German, French or Italian speaking)
- air-conditioned vehicle
- sightseeing of Nin with a guide
- guided sightseeing of Nin salt fields
- 3-course wine tasting and finger food
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Personal consumption
DIFFICULTY: easy walking tour, not physically demanding and suitable for all age groups
RECOMMENDED AGE: no age restrictions, suitable for everybody
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU: light clothes, comfortable shoes, bag for personal belongings, local currency money (Croatian kuna), bottle of water, sun protection during summer period (hat, sun glasses, sun cream), rain coat in case there will be rain